The 2010 Phuturestudio PC

9 November 2009 11:38

The PC I built back in 2005 that I've been using as my home studio computer died on me a couple of months back. It has served me well. With the motherboard dead, it meant that I had to gut out and perform a transplant on major parts of the machine. Looked up the Arstechnica's System Guide for Budget Box and ended up with the following:

• Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard
  • Intel Core2Quad Q8400 CPU
  • 4x 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 RAM (that's 8GB RAM yo!)
  • ATI Radeon HD4850 graphics card

It's not really orgasm inducing or top of the line by today's standards for sure but at just slightly over RM1,500 it's beefy enough to run my favorite piece of software on top of the usual everyday computing stuff for the next few years. Hopefully the 64-bit Windows 7 OS that I'll be using for this machine will restore my trust in Microsoft and make the money spent for a properly licensed copy worth it after the horrible wreck that was Vista.

11/9/2009 12:33:59 PM #

Dood, lovin' the new specs man. I'm kinda turned on by it as well.

Twitter March 17, 02:18
Monkey see...

Twitter March 12, 20:16
The modern equivalent of "a watched pot never boils" is "a tracked package never arrives".

Twitter March 10, 06:43
Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble. #jampi

Twitter March 7, 07:13
"Growing up” means different things to different people. To me, it means having the ability to grow hair in disgusting places.

Twitter March 2, 07:57

Twitter February 16, 04:55
Son’s first Chinese New Year experience watching a Lion Dance Troupe. He’s probably wondering why the lion is rathe…