The Cracked iPhone

17 October 2009 03:05

You might want to sit down for this. In fact, if you can't stomach the sight of a damaged piece of expensive electronics, you might want to skip this entry altogether.

My bad week last week culminated in my iPhone getting cracked. When I say crack, I don't mean it in the jailbreak sense. Take a look for yourself. You have been warned.

Please don't ask me how it happened. I just wished they'd make these things less fragile than a freshly circumcised penis in the first place. The fact that Maxis wants to charge a repair fee of RM1,050 with a MINIMUM waiting time of a month and a half just rubs it further. The stuff still works fine though. But instead of having your fingers glide over the glass surface like a baby's bottom, it now feels like you're navigating around granny's wrinkled ass that might just make a lot of mess if you apply too much pressure.

I think I know what a heart attack feels like now.

chrisoro
chrisoro
10/17/2009 3:42:14 AM #

*gasprollseyesbackintoheadandliesdownwithwristtotemple*

WHAT DID YOU DOOOOOOOOO??!?!!

That's unforgiveable. I don't care DJ, you are totally responsible. What did you do, put it in your back pocket? You shoulda put it on a strap and hung it round your neck! It's a mac. You gotta treat it with love, dude.

Pay the money. Bite the bullet. Put this massacre behind you.

C

10/17/2009 3:51:16 AM #

The repair fee I can swallow. It's the waiting time that I can't take. I'll be having a serious case of iPhone withdrawal symptoms then.

jaywalker_82
jaywalker_82
10/17/2009 3:51:19 AM #

Not surprising seeing this post coming from you!

Joo
Joo
10/17/2009 3:51:29 AM #

OMG!! you might want to try this. Less damage to your already broken heart and also the wallet

www.ifixit.com/.../IF137-007-1

jaywalker_82
jaywalker_82
10/17/2009 3:51:56 AM #

Al the freaky stuffs in life does come from Redz, first.

10/17/2009 4:30:14 AM #

@jaywalker_82: what can i say. i'm everyone's guinea pig.
@joo: dood, they neither ship to malaysia nor singapore. :(

laydiefa
laydiefa
10/17/2009 6:52:50 AM #

OMG i never thought it was this bad.
i'd cry a river even if there's a hairline crack.
but for a 'crushed' front panel like this, man.. where's the kitchen knife?

lizzam
lizzam
10/17/2009 6:07:20 PM #

bro..you can try and buy that using this:

but in the meantime enjoy your bragging rights having an iphone on crack

Louiss
Louiss
10/18/2009 5:10:29 PM #

Hi redzuan, I'm the one who you email yesterday. I'm iPhone specialist, this will only take me around 1 - 2 hours to get it done. And the price is 50% cheaper than maxis. Call me at 0162332426, I will get it done today!!

Twitter February 16, 04:55
Son’s first Chinese New Year experience watching a Lion Dance Troupe. He’s probably wondering why the lion is rathe… https://t.co/D915PLkJ3i

Twitter February 11, 05:56
#AJL32 ni kalau tak mulakan dengan lakonan/sketsa boleh tak?

Twitter February 10, 07:15
It's 2018. Are hipsters still around?

Twitter February 6, 20:50
Two cockroaches were spotted nestled between a guitar and a drum. They’re probably a band. I’m going to call it “Dua Lipas”.

Twitter February 1, 20:39
It’s already February 2018. Why is the ban still enforced on https://t.co/PMmqABPhwz?

Twitter January 31, 01:06
Feeling a bit saucy! https://t.co/pTpvsgakhX

Twitter January 26, 18:31
Babycybersonique pushing buttons on the Ableton Push #ableton #abletonpush https://t.co/T2XOpeRaNl

Twitter January 22, 19:10
Those who work as security guards at Samsung HQ are basically Guardians of the Galaxy.

Twitter January 20, 07:41
I have no idea who the author is but I am curious and weirded out that my name, my moniker and an obscure piece of… https://t.co/X0bh505Zhe