Happy New Year And Selamat Tinggal

6 January 2009 04:32

Happy New Year! And I hope I'm not being too ironic to start it off with a "Selamat Tinggal" (that's "goodbye" to you non-Bahasa speaking people).

This mashup features Nikki (of Malaysian Idol fame) with her latest single "Selamat Tinggal", Shazzy with "Kenapa" and Christina Aguilera with "Genie In A Bottle". For once, I really wanted to do a mash that can tell a story from a lyrical standpoint rather than just slapping songs that fit together musically. So it took me awhile indeed to complete this one as compared to the previous mashes that I've done. Heck! Some parts even went through a re-recording! (Thanks much, Shazzy!)

I owe lots to Pam Yuen, Audi Mok and Shazzy for the guidance and most of all, the permission to do this! I should also thank the production team for Christina Aguilera's Genie In A Bottle but I might end up making this entry sound like the acknowledgement section you usually see on those CD inserts.

Download: Nikki Vs. Shazzy (feat. Christina Aguilera) - Selamat Tinggal Genie [mp3:selamattinggalgenie.mp3]

Shazee
Shazee
1/6/2009 12:18:07 PM #

Hey man, it was cool working on this... now we shall all wait for your next mash. I think it's time to step up your game. Take it to the next level bro... Girl Talk...!

Pam
Pam
1/6/2009 3:01:35 PM #

Hey Redz, thx for having the mash inspiration for this song and all the extra efforts put into doing this! Looking fwd to more great mashes from u  :)

Mr. Manager
Mr. Manager
1/6/2009 9:08:38 PM #

Fasten your seat-belts, people.

(And lawyers on the ready, please.)

Isam
Isam
1/6/2009 11:51:53 PM #

Bro, your work is much more refined now. Great job!

1/7/2009 1:19:27 AM #

shazee & pam: i had a great songs to mash with in the first place and greater people who were kind enough to guide me along the way (i.e. "oi! you're mashing in the wrong key-lah!") i'm just glad the mash didn't make a mess of the original songs. many thanks once again!

mr. manager: uh oh. so should i be on the run now or work with the lawyers to get clearance? *grin*

isam: many thanks, dude! credit is due to the original artists of the songs. :)

LifeJuicer
LifeJuicer
1/29/2009 10:03:31 PM #

I like Genie in the Bottle from the beginning and this mash rocks!! Its also like Destiny's Child 'No no no' was more popular as the upbeat when originally it was made in slow tempo.  Too bad we won't be hearing this on stage anywhere unless of course the producers buy up the license for Genie. hehe...

Twitter September 12, 02:25
Man: Hard or soft? Woman: Hard. M: Wet and sloppy style? W: Yes, please! M: Here's your taco with guacamole and salsa, ma'am. Enjoy! :)

Twitter September 2, 10:17
Jaga adab serta hormati binatang korban agar tidak disia-siakan ibadat korban anda. https://t.co/wIai11zqRU

Twitter August 30, 09:12
Atlet Malaysia yang bertungkus-lumus berjuang, rakyat Malaysia yang dapat cuti umum tambahan. Terima kasih, atlet Malaysia!

Twitter August 25, 00:48
What's going on with Klang River? https://t.co/Q4UXvNEe1z

Twitter August 17, 21:39
People with irony deficiency shouldn't go see a doctor. They should learn to see paradox.

Twitter August 14, 22:57
Maybe Trump will tweet that Brian Krzanich will have more time to LOWER CPU PRICES after this. https://t.co/5yvaKo2O1e