Presenting Dayang And Diddy AF4 featuring One Republic in Hilang

9 January 2008 15:22

When both Dayang Nurfaizah and Diddy (of Akademi Fantasia 4 fame, not the artist formerly known as Puff Daddy, Puffy and P. Diddy) released their own "Hilang" songs, I just HAD to have a go at mashing them up. So I did an initial demo of the mash which, admittedly, was a mutilated musical mess (and I would like to apologize to those few who actually listened to that earsore but I'm guessing it's too late now). I am, in every sense of the word, musically illiterate and in the immortal words of William Hung, "I have no professional training." Do I know how it should sound in the end? No. Do I know what I'm doing? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot (go watch Zoolander if you didn't get that bit).

Anyway, when Audi (the composer of the said songs) heard the first version of the mash... errr mess, he told me, "You better fix this, boy, or you're never gonna get laid!" So I enthusiastically got it fixed with that hope of finally boning someone but apparently I misheard him actually saying, "You better fix this, boy, or you're never gonna have it played (on the radio)". D'oh!

So here you go people, Dayang Nurfaizah and Diddy AF4 doing "Hilang" to OneRepublic and Timbaland's Apologize. Request for it on radio! My thanks to Audi for being a great sport about this mash! He even helped with the final master! I owe him more cans of lychee now.

Download: Dayang Nurfaizah & Diddy (feat. OneRepublic/Timbaland) - Hilang (It's Too Late) [mp3:hilang(itstoolate).mp3]

1/9/2008 6:55:07 PM #

there ya go..
another 'laid'..

1/11/2008 2:35:03 AM #

Sounded (a lot) better than the last one you sent! Niceeeeeeeeee

Eh, I want the minus one version of "Maaf" boleh ke? :p

1/12/2008 1:12:58 AM #

putting the muddy sound aside (whatudu, takde yg master recording,kan...), i love it, man....anta la kat xfresh....kalau kat mix, kena mintak tlg lynn kot?hehehe

1/12/2008 5:54:55 PM #

nice new layout for new year bro.

angelina joling
angelina joling
1/14/2008 9:26:24 PM #

sungguh sedap lagu ini bila letak dekat telinga. honest.

1/26/2008 11:52:05 PM #

frankly saya xpernah suka dayang tp bila dgr lagu ni, terasa a bit teruja plak dgn vokalnya. myb sbb cara gubahan or mastering dia kot. ntah. saya cuma tahu dgr. plus mashing ni menjadi!

3/11/2008 8:33:50 PM #