Worn From The Grinding

15 September 2003 17:41

Over the past few years, I've been putting in 10-14 hour workdays almost everyday with some weekends off. I don't know what winds my clock but I do it anyways, day in and day out non-stop without question. While it hasn't given me extreme wealth that I don't have to think twice when it comes to getting stuff, it does take care of the obligatory bills with some to spare for savings and some on the occasional personal indulgences. But just like the tyres of a car, it gets worn with use. The longer the distance you cover or the faster you drive the car or both, the sooner the tyres get worn out. When it does wear out, it loses its ability to function properly or worse, shit happens. Unlike the tyres of a car though, the body isn't something that you can replace when it gets worn out. The only thing one can do is to nurse it and make it usable again. I haven't had any extended time off from the daily grind since 1999 and I think it's high time that I do just that before I crash and burn. If only other people would let me though. I know that I shouldn't let other people dictate my personal time but I doubt I'd be able to keep my mind off matters at hand when I'm taking those time offs. Having a conscience can be a curse sometimes.

Bartholomew
Bartholomew
9/16/2003 1:55:51 AM #

Bali dude? I'm game.

9/16/2003 2:07:36 AM #

helsinki? turku? espoo? :P

idreamofzinnie
idreamofzinnie
9/16/2003 7:03:25 AM #

reminding me that F=ma.

9/16/2003 7:31:42 AM #

been facing too much R=V/I that I don't have any more C=Q/V left...

Bartholomew
Bartholomew
9/16/2003 7:39:40 AM #

huh?  Woi... jom gi jalan.  Penang pun jadik la.

idreamofzinnie
idreamofzinnie
9/16/2003 8:44:27 AM #

its about time to have E=mc'2

Bartholomew
Bartholomew
9/16/2003 9:41:02 AM #

Eeek?  Woit,stop it.  Where's Lyna?

9/16/2003 10:12:25 AM #

berkabung... cat died.

lyna
lyna
9/16/2003 10:39:36 AM #

yes mr.bartholomew, i'm here. and yes, saye tengah berkabung di atas kematian kucing pure black breed ku yg umur tak sampaaaaai pun setahun jagung... :( sedey taaauuu and redz dearie, like i told u before, ur pc ni memang ade a mind of its own :p gambar korek idung pun bleh amik :p

idreamofzinnie
idreamofzinnie
9/17/2003 2:28:12 AM #

ya lorr...

Bartholomew
Bartholomew
9/17/2003 6:24:39 AM #

The PC is clever maa... (just came back from an Intel-sponsored event for SMBs... aiyoh, all very Kepong maa.... thank god I'm not in sales...)

9/17/2003 6:31:15 AM #

yes, vely clever one. therefore i like to conglats intel pentium 4 for making good processor. otherwise we will all live in chaus. :P

idreamofzinnie
idreamofzinnie
9/17/2003 6:40:28 AM #

OOO curi limau abah ya .. pandainya... but remember all
comes up will come down..ie Britney Spears

lyna
lyna
9/17/2003 6:46:39 AM #

huh...

Bartholomew
Bartholomew
9/17/2003 8:22:24 AM #

Triple 'huh' to Md Zinnie...

nadia