Political Correctness Going To Ridiculuous Extremes

29 June 2002 06:30

The U.S. Pledge of Alliance has been deemed unconstitutional by a federal appeals court. Apparently, an atheist parent took offence at the line which says "under God" that his daughter was made to recite at school every morning and thus decided to bring on the suit. One senator apparently describes the whole situation as "political correctness run amok". This seems to be a case of life imitating art as I'm reminded of that one South Park episode (Season 1's Mr Hankey, The Christmas Poo, if I'm not mistaken) where Kyle's parents got upset when their son was asked to take part in a Christmas Play involving the Nativity scene. One thing led to another, the whole townsfolk got involved and in their bid to come up with a neutral play, the whole thing just sucked. Why can't there be tolerance in this world?

Twitter November 16, 05:00
I walked into an elevator to find this scared little Happy Meal cowering in the corner. There ought to be a law aga… https://t.co/0tG35QrhWs

Twitter October 30, 03:31
Or as they say it in Hokkien, “Wa si lin lao peh!” Son: Snore... https://t.co/Y1pBRWwh8p

Twitter October 28, 06:18
6 years ago, I made a friend. A year ago, I made her my wife. 3 weeks ago, I made her a mother. Happy Syad and Redzuan Day!

Twitter October 25, 17:03
Rizqi Redzuan. He's 3 weeks old now. He's the boss of me these days. He's still incapable of feeding himself and co… https://t.co/0MjgTtv7uc

Twitter October 2, 13:11
Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah that my wife, Syad Rosli, successfully gave birth to a healthy baby boy on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:02am!

Twitter September 12, 02:25
Man: Hard or soft? Woman: Hard. M: Wet and sloppy style? W: Yes, please! M: Here's your taco with guacamole and salsa, ma'am. Enjoy! :)